|A Few tips from an older gardener
Some Gardening Tips
1. In the fall are you afraid to plant bulbs for fear of digging up those you already have. Take a camera even a throw away kind and take pictures of your blooming spring bulbs and then sketch them on a chart. This fall you will know where to add bulbs.
2. Corn Gluten or Corn Gluten Meal is available at the Coop or at Palks Feed Mill. Apply at 20 pounds per thousand square feet and it acts both as a preemergent herbicide and as a fertilizer.
3. In Planting disturb the soil as little as possible. Build up your soil they way nature does from the top down. Dig a hole just large enough to put in the plant. Be wary of digging a hole when the soil is wet, you can create a clay bowl that the roots have trouble escaping.
4. Wear a hat a long sleeved shirt and sun screen, skin cancer is not a good thing to have.
5. Relax and enjoy it. It is your garden plant what you like and sit at times and just drink in the beauty and the peace.